Introducing Traffic Class 2 (TC2) – Designed for business grade data services
We offer three wholesale traffic classes to phone and internet service providers (TC1, TC2 and TC4), which they use to create products to sell directly to you.# Each traffic class has a different primary purpose;
TC2 is designed to provide access to high performance data for applications and services that require consistent, predictable download and upload speed requirements – including video conferencing, network traffic over virtual private network (VPN), e-commerce and business-critical cloud services. TC2 has been designed to provide access to the following features:
- A Committed Information Rate (CIR) at a wholesale level – designed to help make performance for your data services consistent.
- Symmetrical wholesale download and upload speeds – designed to help make interactive applications like video conferencing seamless.*
- Defined latency, jitter and loss characteristics – as listed in the Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA) helping enable a better business grade service.
Traffic Class 1 (TC1) is designed for voice (specifically for Voice over Internet Protocol [VoIP] services), while Traffic Class 4 (TC4) is designed for general internet data (including residential-grade internet).*
What kind of applications and services need TC2?
The more important the application or service is to your business, the more appropriate a plan based on TC2 could be. Consider a plan based on TC2 for real-time interactive applications like video conferencing, as well as applications central to the customer experience like e-commerce transactions.*
- Broadcast TV and IPTV
- Business-critical cloud services, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Data back-up
- Software as a Service applications
- Live audio and video streaming
- Real-time data recovery
- Security data transmission – including VoIP services
- Video conferencing
- Video surveillance
- Video on demand
- VPN access
Important: If your network is using Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), you may need a plan based on the wholesale TC2 product to maintain a similar experience to the one you have now.* We recommend speaking with your provider about TC2 in this instance.