Fire and Lift Register terms and conditions
1. You confirm that to the best of your knowledge any information you submit to the nbn Fire and Lift Register is correct and accurate.
2. Registering monitored fire alarm and/or a lift emergency phone on the Fire and Lift Register will allow nbn to identify buildings or premises with monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment where action may be needed to help minimise a break in service when moving relevant services to the nbn™ network.
3. The rollout of the nbn™ broadband access network involves new technologies and some existing devices/services, including monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment, may not be compatible with these at all times.
4. If you have a monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment, you should contact the device/monitoring provider for more information about whether the equipment will be capable of working over the nbn™ access network, and, if necessary, what alternative solutions are available. In most cases, monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment device/service providers should be able to recommend and supply new equipment or modify your existing equipment so that it no longer relies solely on the fixed line network.
5. nbn is not in a position to provide advice about specific monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment/services due to the wide range of different devices/services in the market.
6. You acknowledge it is your responsibility to contact your monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment/service provider prior to moving your equipment and related phone services to the nbn™ access network.
7. You acknowledge that:
a. it is the responsibility of the building manager, body corporate, site manager, landlord, tenant, owner and/or authorised representative of the building/s, and not nbn’s responsibility, to move relevant monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone devices/services to the nbn™ access network, with your preferred service provider;
b. registration on the Fire and Lift Register does not result in any obligation on nbn to ensure that the monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment/services have been moved onto the nbn™ access network, or that the devices/services work on the nbn™ access network; and
c. if you are providing the personal information of someone else as an alternative point of contact for nbn on the Fire and Lift Register, you have their consent to do so.
8. nbn collects personal information about you to provide additional information around the migration of monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment/services. Personal information provided to nbn may be used by nbn for:
- adding personal information on nbn’s Fire and Lift Register;
- monitoring the migration status of monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment/services;
- dealing with future queries you may make to nbn;
- providing the contact person and/or residents at the premises with further information in relation to the nbn™ access network; and
- matters associated with compatibility of monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment devices/services on the nbn™ access network.
9. This information may be disclosed to related entities of nbn, third parties who provide services related to the roll out of the nbn™ access network and the disconnection process, monitored fire alarm and/or lift emergency phone equipment device/service providers, retail network service providers, the Minister for Communications, the Office of the Minister for Communications, and the Department of Communications and the Arts.